It is important to keep caring for your skin in between visits. Not sure how? Here are a few tips and products to keep your skin Smoothe and healthy all year long. Follow these suggestions after your appointments and before your next visit.
- Exfoliate two to three times a week from the neck down. We recommend using the Berodin Body Exfoliation Kit from the neck down on waxed areas. This kit includes a glycolic body wash and exfoliating gloves. It will leave your skin feeling refreshed and perfectly clean. You can purchase the Berodin Body Exfoliation Kit at Smoothe or online.
- Use a good serum daily. We like Serious Serum. It is the perfect blend of glycolic and lactic acids, as well as willow bark and aloe. It leaves your skin silky smooth and fabulous everywhere you apply it. This is not only good for your face, but it is also great to use on your waxed areas to help prevent and treat ingrown hairs. The Serious Serum can be purchased at your next appointment or online.
- Before your waxing appointment, let your hair grow to the size of a long grain of rice (about two to three weeks of growth).
- For 24 hours after your waxing appointment, do not soak in a hot bath, refrain from skin to skin contact, do now swim, sunbathe, spray tan or work out (sweat).
- Before or after your waxing appointment, do not exfoliate for 24 hours.
- Do not shave in between waxing appointments.
- Between your eyebrow waxing appointments, let them grow. Do not tweeze!
- A week before a lash lift, discontinue any sort of lash serums.
- After a lash lift, use oil-free makeup remover.
- Avoid wearing mascara to your lash lift appointment. Any residual mascara can affect the lift.
- Avoid wearing mascara 24-48 hours after your lash lift appointment.
- The goal post-wax, post-lift, and post-facial, is to keep the skin clean and dry to avoid any bacteria, irritation, or adverse effects.
- Let our talented estheticians put together a customized skin care regimen for you that will leave your skin glowing, silky, and SMOOTHE.
Schedule a consultation today to learn more about how to care for your skin between appointments. We recommend scheduling an appointment for a facial every four to six weeks in conjunction with your at-home skin care regimen. Book a Posh Facial or a Posh Pregnancy Facial for just $60 in August, normally $75, and let Lindsey or Erin know that you would like to talk about ways to care for your skin in between appointments.