Before you visit us at Smoothe LLC, please review our waxing tips and cautions below.
- Your hair growth should be the size of a long grain of rice for waxing which is AT LEAST 2-3 weeks of growth
- For a more comfortable wax take ibuprofen and avoid caffeine and alcohol on the day of your appointment
- Discontinue the use of retinol and any other acne/anti-aging products 7-10 days before any facial waxing
After Care Tips
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only)
- No saunas, hot tubs, massages, or steam treatments for 24 hours.
- Avoid bodies of water for 24 hours after a facial or waxing treatment
- No tanning!!! This includes sunbathing, sunbeds or fake/spray tans for 24 hours
- No sports, gym work, or other exercise where you perspire for 24 hours
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothing
- No skin on skin contact or bodily fluids
- No exfoliation for 3+ days after treatments
The combination of open pores and excess heat can aggravate the skin and leave it vulnerable to infection. Therefore, wait at least 24-48 hours for your skin to get back to normal before taking a hot shower or bath. To prevent clogged pores, it is best not to put any heavy lotions on the skin after treatments. It is also recommended to wait 24 hours before applying antiperspirant to underarms after waxing that area. Applying cortisone cream to clean skin after treatments may help relieve inflammation, swelling, and any itching. Follow your Estheticians instructions on how to properly take care of your skin after treatments.
After your body waxing service, prevent ingrown hairs by gently exfoliating 2-3 times a week in the shower with a Berodin Body Polish Kit. Start this routine 3 days after the waxing treatment. It is essential that you perform this routine between days 3-14 after your wax service, and continue until the routine up until your next appointment. Remember to not over-exfoliate as this can cause damage to the skin. Follow up your shower with our Smooth Operator Ingrown Hair Serum and/or Smoothe Glow Oil. This process will prevent ingrown hairs and ensure that your skin is prepped, exfoliated, and hydrated for a more gentle wax service.
To prevent irritation DO NOT SHAVE.
Waxing on Your Menstrual Cycle & Jewelry
Please be sure you insert a clean, fresh tampon or menstrual cup before your bikini waxing service. As for jewelry, please keep everything as is, and let us know upon your arrival. We will oil the pierced areas and continue the service!
**You will be more sensitive when waxing pregnant, on your period or right before. **
USE EXTREME CAUTION
The following products can make your skin more sensitive – Oral Antibiotics, Topical Antibiotics, Acne Medications, and Retinol.
THESE FACTORS ARE KNOWN TO MAKE WAXING MORE PRONE TO “SKIN LIFTING”:
Taking blood-thinning medications, taking drugs for autoimmune disease, taking prednisone and/or steroids, Psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, and/ or very sensitive skin.
Other chronic skin conditions, recent cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, including laser skin treatment.
Thin, sensitive skin is more vulnerable to lifting and sensitivity during waxing.
History of cold sores, fever blisters, or genital herpes (waxing can cause a flare-up).
Using hydroquinone, recent surgical peel, microdermabrasion, or chemical peel using glycolic, alpha hydroxy, salicylic acid, or other acid-based products.
There are NO WAXING services allowed with any active sores, infections, etc.
Facial/Peel Before Care
Please bring all your facial products with you to your treatment, or at the very least list them on the client intake form. We will be putting together a regimen for you that best suits your skincare needs. We may be change it through out your treatments depending on how your skin is reacting. Before any peel at Smoothe you must have a “Clinical Facial” or facial treatment, and be on homecare for at least two weeks. This ensures your skins health, and integrity is maintained during our progressive, rather than aggressive approach to skincare.
Facial/Peel After Care
After your treatment at Smoothe please make sure you follow instructions, and are using the suggested products your Esthetician has recommended. Wear SPF 35+ daily. Remember through the progression of your peel series the suggested homecare may change. If flaking/peeling occurs do not pull or peel the skin off, the skin should naturally slough off. Not all peels result in visible flaking/peeling.
What is the Skin Classic?
The Skin Classic uses direct high frequency and a probe that essentially dehydrates the skin irregularity, and days later it falls off/flakes off /sloughs off on it own revealing new beautiful skin. It is vital that you take care of it properly after treatment and use SPF (if on skin that is exposed to the sun or elements) as the new skin can burn and create hyperpigmentation.
Skin Classic Treatment Before Care
Use a moisturizer with an SPF of 35+ on your skin daily! It is part of creating healthy and great skin.
Skin Classic Treatment After Care
- Absolutely no picking or scratching!
- Do not get the treated area(s) wet (showers are fine, but please DO NOT soak the treated area)!
- Wash with a gentle cleanser and use only your fingertips!
- Pat the area dry!
- Do not scrub!
- Do not use any Terry Cloth materials!
- Do not use any harsh or anti-aging products while the area is crusted and has sloughed off!
- NO procedures in or around the treated area for 30 days!
Crusts will take roughly 5-7/10-14 days to slough off depending on YOU. Everyone’s skin heals differently and some may take longer than others. It also depends on what area of the body was treated.
If the crust comes off accidentally or intentionally via scratching, contact email@example.com immediately. Provide pictures and we will help you come up with a course of action.
**An allergic reaction can occur with any of our treatments. Smoothe cannot be held liable for any adverse reactions that may stem from any of our treatments. All sales are final. No refunds will be issued.