Before you visit, review our waxing tips and cautions below.
- Your hair growth should be the size of a long grain of rice for waxing which is 2-3 weeks of growth
- For a more comfortable wax take ibuprofen and avoid caffeine on the day of your appointment
- Discontinue the use of retinol and any other acne/anti-aging products 7-10 days before any facial waxing
After Care Tips
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only)
- No saunas, hot tubs, massage, or steam treatments for 24 hours.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans for 24 hours
- No sports, gym work, or other exercises for 24 hours
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothing
- No skin on skin contact
The combination of open pores and excess heat can aggravate the skin and leave it vulnerable to infection. Therefore, wait at least 24-48 hours for your skin to get back to normal before taking a hot shower or bath. To prevent clogged pores, it is best not to put any heavy lotions on the skin after waxing. It is also recommended to wait 24 hours before applying antiperspirant to underarms after waxing that area. Applying cortisone cream to clean skin after waxing may help relieve inflammation and swelling. Applying fragrance-free moisturizers, such as aloe vera gel, may help soothe irritated skin post-waxing and reduce inflammation.
After your body waxing service, you need to ensure you prevent ingrown hairs. Gently exfoliate 2-3 times a week in the shower with a Berodin Body Polish Kit. Start this routine 2-3 days after the waxing treatment. It is essential that you perform this routine between days 3-14 after your wax service, and continue until the routine up until your next appointment. Remember to not over-exfoliate as this can cause damage to the skin. Follow up your shower with our Serious Serum Ingrown Hair Eliminator and Skin Exfoliant. This process will prevent ingrown hairs and ensure that your next wax is easier and a little less painful being that your skin is exfoliated and moisturized. You need to be using this daily, but for optimal results use twice a day!
To prevent irritation DO NOT SHAVE.
Waxing on Your Menstrual Cycle:
Please be sure you insert a clean, new tampon before your bikini waxing service.
**You will be more sensitive when waxing on your period or right before.**
USE EXTREME CAUTION:
The following products can make your skin more sensitive – Oral Antibiotics, Topical Antibiotics, Ance Medications, and Retinol.
THESE FACTORS ARE KNOWN TO MAKE WAXING MORE PRONE TO “SKIN LIFTING”:
Taking blood-thinning medications, taking drugs for autoimmune disease, taking prednisone and/or steroids, Psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, and/ or very sensitive skin.
Other chronic skin conditions, recent cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, including laser skin treatment.
Thin, sensitive skin is more vulnerable to lifting and sensitivity during waxing.
History of cold sores, fever blisters, or genital herpes (waxing can cause a flare-up).
Using hydroquinone, recent surgical peel, microdermabrasion, or chemical peel using glycolic, alpha hydroxy, salicylic acid, or other acid-based products.
There are NO WAXING services allowed with any active sores, infections, etc.
Skin Classic Treatment Before Care
Use a moisturizer with an SPF of 30+ on your skin daily! It is part of creating healthy and great skin.
Skin Classic Treatment After Care
- Absolutely no picking or scratching!
- Do not get the treated area(s) wet!
- Wash with a gentle cleanser and use only your fingertips!
- Pat the area dry!
- Do not scrub!
- Do not use any Terry Cloth materials!
- Do not use any harsh or anti-aging products while the area is crusted!
- NO procedures in or around the treated area for 30 days!
Crusts will take roughly 5-7/10-14 days to slough off depending on YOU. Everyone’s skin heals differently and some may take longer than others. It also depends on what area of the body was treated.
If the crust comes off accidentally or intentionally via scratching, contact email@example.com immediately. Provide pictures and we will help you come up with a course of action.
**An allergic reaction can occur with any of our treatments. Smoothe cannot be held liable for any adverse reactions that may stem from any of our treatments. All sales are final. No refunds will be issued.